• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TSE-Z6 20-40 eyepiece Question. (1 Viewer)

trancework

I apologise in advance if this is a particularly silly question but here it is...

I have a Kowa TS-611 with a TSE-Z6 20-40 zoom eyepiece.
I also have a 60mm, standard 1.25 telescope.
I want to use the TS-611 eyepiece on the 1.25 telescope, but it doesn't fit because the TSE-Z6 is a bayonet type connection and the telescope is a 1.25 (31.75mm) connection.
Is there a convertor that converts the TSE-Z6 bayonet type to the 1.25 type so it fits my telescope?
Will it even work?
Thanks for any advice.
Paul

Hello Paul,

Not a silly question at all.

I have Kowa's TSN 613 and TSN-3 scopes, and the old 20x-40x zoom eyepiece. As far as I know, Kowa never made an adapter for their eyepieces to fit astro scopes. I don't know if they have one for their current 770 and 880 series scopes....most likely not.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I have searched everywhere and was hoping that there was some type of adapter out there.
Maybe I can make one but I'm not sure where to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

while I don't have the exact eyepiece mentioned, I have two Kowa EPs - the old 80s 20-60 zoom with the fold-down rubber eyecup and the great 30 wide. I just tried both in my astro refractor by just dropping them into a 1.25" adapter with a brass ring and just tightening it. This gave a quite secure fit. If you want to be extra careful to not scratch the bayonet or don't have an adaptor with a ring, you can probably use a sanded down film canister - the Kowa bayonet flanges just fit.

Joachim

Hello Paul,

Not a silly question at all.

I have Kowa's TSN 613 and TSN-3 scopes, and the old 20x-40x zoom eyepiece. As far as I know, Kowa never made an adapter for their eyepieces to fit astro scopes. I don't know if they have one for their current 770 and 880 series scopes....most likely not.

Steve
Hi,
Yes It exist an 1.25 adpator for 770 & 880 series but to be mounted on a TSNPA2D. (I bought it recently but I am not using it).
Yves

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back