• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BST Explorer Eyepiece? (2 Viewers)

giosblue

Just bought a 15mm BST Starguider EP. I already have a 12mm which is excellent, but not so good at the edge. The 15mm is much sharper than the 12mm at the edge. Is this normal with this lens or have I got a duffer?

Also you can unscrew the bottom element and swap them over, when you do this the 15mm loses it's edge sharpness and the 12mm is sharp. So it must be the bottom lens where the problem is.

The 15mm is superb, not the widest FoV, but really sharp. Excellent value for money. Highly recommended.

Sorted. my fault. when I got the 12mm BST there was a slight rattle, this was in the lens that wasn't quite tight enough inside the lower body. Like you do I took it out to see how it fits, put it back and tightened it up. However when I took a closer look at the lens and compared it to the new 15mm, it became obvious that I had screwed the lens in the wrong way. It's now back in the correct way and it is also a superb EP. Anyone with a spotting scope that takes these should give then try. They really are excellent. and only £49.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back