• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Helios Fieldmaster ED82-DS Triplet (1 Viewer)

albatrosviajero

Hello,
I just saw in a web of optical material the Helios Fieldmaster ED82-DS Triplet spotting scope, does anyone know anything about them? A triplet looks good, and more at this price ..., I think it includes the zoom eyepiece.
Regards,
Al

hello Al,
The helios scope comes from the same manufacturer in china as Focus eagle 83ED and vortex Razor 85HD.
the razor are a tiny bit better but is more expensive.
i have used that focus eagle scope for a long time and it is really good for it´s price. i paid 750usd for it.
you can use swarovski eyepices on these scopes, and it make the scope better for sure.
try it, i am very pleased with my focus and i think the helios is as good.

best regards Rashid

I tried recently a Helios ED82 Triplet side by side with Swaro ATS80 and Kowa 883.
It was not ridiculous, quite the opposite !
CA are very well controlled, image is very thin and clear.
The main difference with two others is FOV...
you can use swarovski eyepices on these scopes
Are you sure ? In this case, with a wide fixed eyepiece, I think the Helios could be a great scope for money !

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back