• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Updated bluetit website (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth Bigg

Addicted member
The bird boxes have been cleaned out, and replaced, and we have realised that a bluetit is inspecting box 1 occasionally.

There is now an additional facility - there is a web viewer that enables you to play back recorded images, as well as watch live images. (Unfortunately looking at the stored images will be slow, unless you have broadband).

steve_nova said:
Elizabeth, what is the address of the website (even though I don't have broadband).

Steve - you only need to click on the www on the green band at the bottom of my message (took me a while to notice that one) - but here it is anyway: www.biggonline.co.uk

There is plenty to look at, even if you don't use the web viewer!

Last edited:
Elizabeth.
I dont have broadband but your site was no trouble. And really
was worth a visit, all your work has payed of I enjoyed all of
your images, they certainlykeep you guessing. look forward to
next years diary good luck.
bert

Glad you like it Bert - it certainly took up a lot of time and we enjoyed doing it, but we had dreadful "empty nest syndome" after they had fledged. There were far more photographs this year, probably because I did most of the selecting from the thousands available. Also for the first time, I had learned how to prepare them ready for going onto the site, which takes a fair amount of time, so that gave Malcolm more time to do the clever stuff.

Ahhh, I get it. I'm round at mum and dads at the mo and they have broadband, not that your great site looks like it would be that slow anyway!
Thanks.

Hi Elizabeth

Thanks for creating such a great site. They are such fascinating little birds. I have to put aside at least half and hour each morning while I'm getting ready for work, to stop what I'm doing and watch them.

Will get my husband to get the box down and clean it out as you suggested. I hadn't realised that the box may be used to stave off the winter chills.

Kind regards

Val

Hello Elizabeth. You have created a fantastic and interesting site. I really enjoyed my visit. Looking forward to next years activity.
Thanks a lot. All the best John.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back