• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

is my scope good enough (1 Viewer)

Bill Came

Hi evryone, I'm looking to buy a cp4500 camera, in the next couple of months, but my main problem is this. I already own a pro-field 70 which I bought from In focus, some years ago.
The model is pf-70a, made by kenko and has a 20x-50x zoom lens.Can anyone please tell me, if this is good enough, or will I need to get a new scope as well.
Regards
Bill............

The coolpix is the camera to go for.
Why don't you go to the birdfair at Rutland water, and test drive the camera with your current scope against what is available.
But, a friend of mine did the same thing with his old Kowa scope and has ended up getting the Swarovski scope.
Which is nearly as good as my Leica APO.

Last edited:
Thanks Hawkeye for the swift reply "no pun intended",a birdfair sounds a good idea, although rutland is a fair ole trot from where I live, will have to look out for one a bit nearer. any suggestions

Hawkeye said:
The coolpix is the camera to go for.

But, a friend of mine did the same thing with his old Kowa scope and has ended up getting the Swarovski scope.
Which is nearly as good as my Leica APO.

"Nearly as good as your Leica APO" my backside! It's every bit as good if not better. But when you get to this level of optics it's the user that counts, not the equipment!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back