• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MM2 and HDF 45WA 40860 (1 Viewer)

lwlhh00

Hi folks,
I've an MM2 which I bought secondhand. I don't know what the eyepiece on it is, but I know it isn't much good! I have a decent pair of (10x) binoculars, so I need an eyepiece that's going to give me considerably more magnification than that. I was thinking about the 45WA (40860), has anyone any experience with this combination?

Thanks

Hi folks,
I've an MM2 which I bought secondhand. I don't know what the eyepiece on it is, but I know it isn't much good! I have a decent pair of (10x) binoculars, so I need an eyepiece that's going to give me considerably more magnification than that. I was thinking about the 45WA (40860), has anyone any experience with this combination?

Thanks

Well, Thanks for all of your help ;)
I've bought the 45WA, and it's a nice eyepiece but it's pretty dark with the standard (non-ED) MM2. I'm quite happy, because it'll mainly get used on trips to sunnier climes, but if you were thinking of it for the UK in winter, I'd say probably not.

Hi just found your post. I used to have the 40862 zoom 12-36x and found that bright and usable on the MM2. Now a nikon ED50 fan though

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back