• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winter Birding (1 Viewer)

Going through flocks of Wildfowl looking for something special. Similarly the gull roost. Not looking forward to freezing my knackers off doing it though.

Now that the nights are drawing in

We're only 2 weeks past the Solstice!

We are horribly hot here now (I laid sod today in 98° f (37°c) and thought I was going to die!), so I'm really looking forward to cooler temperatures. We have our first baby due next month, so this will be the first winter in many that I don't have a big trip planned, so I'm actually looking forward to some more local birding. I've missed some good winter migrants in the last few years because I was saving time for a trip, so I'm hoping for good migrants.

Being able to see the birds without all that pesky foliage in the way.

That and being able to actually properly ID birds from the field guide and not getting confused by unexpected juveniles

The first honking of the geese. And I'm always hopeful of seeing a Redwing, which seem to get harder to find every year (just got one last winter).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back