• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Leg Band ID (1 Viewer)

Rapala

Found this pink (maybe bird) band on the shore of Lake Superior. It's light pink, and approximately 2 1/4 inch in diameter. It reads (from left to right), 0005355 KBLLT MI-4 2012. I don't know if this, along with the pictures attached is enough to ID the bird it came from or not. Thanks

(I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, and I apologize if it is not)

Attachments

• bird band.JPG
    bird band.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 71
  • bird band 2.JPG
    bird band 2.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 71
Not sure what it's from, but it doesn't look like anything used on birds - any bird with a leg with the diameter to fit it would be able to rip off a soft plastic item like that very easily.

I'd guess perhaps a sales identity tag for some consumer goods or other?

Thanks Nutcracker. Some research done suggests possibly Canada Goose, but having no past experience with bird bands leaves me as no expert. I didn't know if it was fish tag or not either.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back