• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What is this? Bird feeder? Feeder for other animal? (1 Viewer)

tsutter

Anyone with a clue as to what this is? Does this feed birds and, if so, what species?

Is this a feeder for some other type of animal?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Attachments

• butterfly and mystery picture0006.jpg
    butterfly and mystery picture0006.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 328
Hi tsutter and welcome to BF!

That is a most peculiar object. It does look like some kind of feeder, but I am not sure what purpose the "wings" on each side serve, or the holes in them. I wonder if it is some kind of weather station and the holes were to hold recording equipment for wind speed etc?

To be perfectly honest, I am stumped!

I am pretty sure this is a feeder - I think I have seen something like this. The "wings" and profile of the feeder always keep it downwind - It is a good feeder for Michigan I think - with the cold and winds. PS this feeder is on a pivoting stand so that is moves with the wind.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back