• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feeder Cam Today- QuickTime Video (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
Did not have a lot of time to watch today- But from 5:00-7:00 I was on the switch. That suet I put out has been great. I have 6 blocks out there now and all of them are getting gobbled. Today was the first time I saw the brown thrasher nibble the suet at the newest location. I put it there just for him- away from the tray with the seeds- so he would not have to get too close to a squirrel. I wouldn't want to get too close to a squirrel and I figure, neither would he. I also got some grit today- ground oyster shell- and put it in a cleaned cat food can- then screwed it to the feeder floor. Everything has to be screwed down to keep it from being tossed about by the tree rats. They are so violent.

iMovie

Another cute clip, Alan! I sure love Brown Thrashers. Have only ever had a single individual visit the yard. Fun to watch the Mocker try to clean his face. You should set up a mirror so they can make sure they get all the bits off their beaks before taking off. LOL! Maybe a squirrel would pick a fight with itself!!!

Great stuff, Alan. Those mockers sure are pretty birds, aren't they?? They're quite lovely.

I like Katy's idea of the mirror... that's a good one!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back