• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Habicht 8x30 owners! (1 Viewer)

Bramberg

How many owners of the Swarovski Habicht 8x30W are there in here and would you be interrested in sunhades to fit them?

Reason I'm asking is that I see a need for sunshades to reduce glare, increase over all image quality and not least to protect the front lenses. After plowing the internet for a coupple of nights I can't seem to find anything that will work (other than the old black cardboard roll trick).
http://www.tmfilmpro.com/alleseiten/reviews/binoculars/swarohabicht8x30w/swarohabicht8x30w.html

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I have a few different designs in mind but before going to work with the design I thought I'd first ask around to see if there's any interrest amongst you other Habicht users, and abusers?

Last edited:
Butler Creek and Bushwhacker both offer shades and flip up lens protectors that slip over the objective barrel.
Would that help?

Butler Creek and Bushwhacker both offer shades and flip up lens protectors that slip over the objective barrel.
Would that help?

I know of these and I do have them on all my rifle scopes. But they only protect your lens. They offer little or no shade.

I know of these and I do have them on all my rifle scopes. But they only protect your lens. They offer little or no shade.

Those covers do offer some length and some shade. If you need more
than that, then you are using the wrong binoculars.

Jerry

How many owners of the Swarovski Habicht 8x30W are there in here and would you be interrested in sunhades to fit them?

I have the 8x30 W GA version. Never had any problem with sun issues, so I would not be interested in sunshades.

But thank you for asking!

Prototype

This is a prototype. It has black leatherette outside and black flocked insides to reduce reflection. Threaded rings in the front for use with filters. Could be interesting to try with sun filters, circular polarizers, ND..Sunshade.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back