• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which warbler? London, Ontario (1 Viewer)

mrmanning

Southern Ontario Birder
I was out today and amongst trees of yellow warblers, I spotted a warbler that I have never seen before. No picture, but I did get good views.

Yellow belly, same size as Yellow Warbler. Wings were black, with some white/grey striping, almost similar to an American Goldfinch, but the black and white not as pronounced. Can anyone point me into a general direction, I'll know it once I see it.

Yeah!, thanks Gillian, that's the one!

After looking up this bird, it matches the one I saw today. A new lifer for me, thank you!

Glad to help! And the ironic thing is, when I posted my reply I totally forgot my user pic shows a Magnolia warbler in fall plumage! :D

Hi Mr Manning,

Magnolia warbler comes to mind. Could this be your warbler? What did the head and face look like?

Hi mrmanning I am also a fellow ontario resident -- Chatham-- would you mind giving me some tips on spots to bird in or around London

Thank in advance

Al Kat

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back