• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharm El Sheikh (1 Viewer)

doozer

Just a hello and to say if anyone is coming to Sharm in Egypt and needs any advise I will be happy to help where i can.
I have just retuned to birding after many years and have lived here in Sharm since 2000.I am a dive instructor who has decided that there is more to Sharm than just the fish.
I will try to put up a bird list soon and update when required
Doozer

Look forward to it! I'm itching to get to Sharm diving sometime and it would be great to combine it witha bit of birding.

Hi, Welcome to BirdForum.

It's always fascinating to have reports of birding from all over the world. I'm sure a lot of people on here will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Doozer - could have done with your help in the summer. Only place i could find was the sewage treatment works mentioned in other reports on the edge of the desert near lots of off-road trekking. Some very good species there, mind.

Hi Doozer,

I'm in Sharm from 2 April this year for 2 weeks for a family holiday.

Looking to do 5 days diving, but might be interested in a spot of birding if I can get away from the family. Which centre do you work for, as we've not booked our diving yet, just looking around for a decent price at the moment.

Richard

Hello Doozer im also in Sharm for 2 weeks from the 26th March,It would be great to have some up to date info so keep us posted, thanks Phil

Sorry for a delay on the reply.I work for Ocean College Dive centre so if anyone needs help on that side of things PM me. We spend quite a bit of time at the sewage works as they bring in plenty of life, popped up the other day after work to see 6 imperial eagles and 2 black vulture as well as about 400 white stork.I am looking at building a web page soon so you can keep a track of what we see.
Will be good to see some of you when you are out.
Doozer

Hi Doozer,
I know it is not the best time but am considering early January 2010. How is birding then? Thank you. Andrew

Just a hello and to say if anyone is coming to Sharm in Egypt and needs any advise I will be happy to help where i can.
I have just retuned to birding after many years and have lived here in Sharm since 2000.I am a dive instructor who has decided that there is more to Sharm than just the fish.
I will try to put up a bird list soon and update when required
Doozer
Hi there I am returning to Sharm for the third year running. My friends live here and I have to spread myself between my birding and them. Any good sites would be appreciated . I have been to sewage works lots of times and Rus Mohamed. Any more ideas would be great. I leave on 18th of November.

A nice spot can be, if you are lucky, the golf course at the Jolie Ville Maritime Hotel.
And along the coast at the Oasis Hotel are quite some shore birds, but I didn't spend much time there yet.
If you are on the cliff top at the Sadiki Bar, you should be able to see them.
Maybe I'll find some more in the coming week, since I will be out and about to explore more :)
Have fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back