• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ambleside Otters (1 Viewer)

Myself and my wife Debbie spent the whole day there on Saturday. Enjoyed the scenery and company of Farnbro John, but not much else!

The Lake Steamers were very busy on Saturday, and I wonder if it was just too busy for the Otters to show.

I was thinking of having another go, this time on Friday, weather dependant, when it might be a bit quieter. Does anyone know if they have been seen since Saturday?

Thanks

Martyn

Thanks - we must only just have missed them. I thought we were there before 10:30

We are talking about by the jetty at Waterhead aren't we?

Oh yes, that's the spot. the one we were watching swam away across the end of the lake and was last seen fishing around some moored yachts. We got our last views from one of the landing stages to the right of the steamer pier.

At least one Otter was still under the pier but probably asleep in the holt.

The pageant is seasonal and I guess any further attempts should be soon, before the visitor levels hot up: no doubt the Otters will be back for the next winter season when hopefully the media will not be alerted!

John

They were showing well late yesterday - at least one younger one and the adult with the scar. Tended to be under the pier and looking out through the slats quite a lot before coming out to dive in the water between the cafe car park and the southern side of the pier.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back