• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where did my baby Hummers go???? (1 Viewer)

Roystersgirl

Last week I had three babies in the nest (just hatched within 24 hours) and today I went to check and they are gone and two eggs are in the nest. Anyone know what might have happened?

Hi there

well in the uk we don,t have hummingbirds but this site i am going to give you may help
you you will need to make a user name, and pass word, to join in the chat feature on
there, you can just go on there without any of that and get stunning views of allens,
and ann,s hummingbirds with there nests and eggs on web cam in people`s gardens
but what i was thinking is is if you give a user name, and make a password you will be
able to use the chat feature and from there be able to ask people what you are asking
here the site is in america and the hummers are in california i think anyway here is the
site,s address www.ustream.tv/channel/hummingbird-bamboo-cam

it is on a ustream-site if you want more out of the site there is a subscription charge
involved but to talk with a community of local people about your hummers may
help you with your question, just by interest i thought hummingbirds only layed two
eggs per clutch you mentioned 5 all at the same time you need to ask about that as
well anyway best of luck................ coal tit by the way i,m on there as a non-paying
member now my user name is coal tit on there too.

Thanks for the info on the other site. I will look into it. I got some info from someone over at the world of hummingbirds dot com and I think what happened was that the first three babies were abandoned and another mommy took over the nest. idk, last year we had two babies and they were amazing to watch grow up. I have alot of video on them.

that does sound interesting what you just told me what kind of hummingbirds do you have
emma a ann,s hummingbird on the site i was telling you about since my previous visit the people that have set the cam up to film her have also put another nest of hummingbirds
abandoned chicks whose nest was apparently cut out of a tree i presume by accident
and have placed this nest alongside the other under the watchful eyes of emma i have been watching her feed the two abandoned chicks alongside her tonight later when night comes the youngsters are taken in doors to keep warm and returned back in the morning
to be cared for again by emma its when emma,s eggs hatch and she has her own young to look after as well this family of 2 includeing emma that things are going to be pushed to the limit to rear 3 is a big family 4 well is that possible ?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back