• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bausch & Lomb Custom Compact 7x26mm (1 Viewer)

It's a beauty...best of both worlds/times.

I do like the objective set-back on the new ones....
and the way those dang 'spectacles' don't stick out.
I've bent a few back to parallel...they arrived cross-eyed,
with a ding on one side.

Please see the attached e-Bay listing. Could you please tell me which model number Bausch & Lomb Custom Compact 7x26mm binoculars I just bought on e-Bay.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191462267645
Thank you.
Marc Feinberg

I have one sitting in front of me and is in the same excellent condition as the one on e-Bay, so I can confirm that the model number is 61-7271 as has already been pointed out.

I'd forgotten I still had it, so I suppose that it is about time I considered selling it, particularly as I need a clear out anyway. How many binos do you need when you've only got one pair of eyes!!

Stan

I've just looked at it again and it is such a neat little binocular that I wonder if I should keep it as its the smallest one I have after selling my Nikon 8x20 HGL. The Nikon, although optically superb, was too small for me and I couldn't hold it steady, but the Compact suits me better, despite not being quite as sharp.

Last edited:
"
How many binos do you need when you've only got one pair of eyes!!
"
Heh...if you're a collector, dozens, for your moods and the weather.
Somehow, my view and eyes are different for each pair.
Jay Leno has a few dozen cars.... These are a lot easier to garage and take out.

I love giving away particularly good 7x26 or 6x25 Custom restorations to people who were
impressed with their 8x21 tossers. They are utterly and completely blown away, especially
with glasses on. The dinged-up exteriors only make the experience more magical.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back