• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from eastern Ontario, Canada (1 Viewer)

LokiPandieMom

Hi everyone!

I'm Suzy, from eastern Ontario (Quinte area) and I'm so glad I found this site. I've been seeing some fascinating birds this year that I haven't noticed before and we've been here 10 years. I was stumped by one that had build a nest in my mock orange bush out front and posted in the Bird ID forum and got some quick responses that ID'd it as a Grey Catbird! (thank you!). Can't recall seeing any of them before, although I think I remember hearing their cries in the past (very distinctive cat-crying sound).

I also recently saw a Pileated Woodpecker and was fascinated. First time I've ever seen on and I was just in awe of the bright red head and the size of it.

As for me, I'm a happily married (20 years) mom of two boys (18 and 20), both living away from home in the respective towns where they go to university so I have an empty nest since last fall which has been an interesting adjustment. We also have six cats and two mini dachshunds (Loki and Pandora).

A few years back we watched the documentary series Life of Birds and found it fascinating. Who knew birds were so darn interesting! LOL! Now my dh and I are hooked on them and we want to get better at identifying the ones we see. We are slowly starting to put names with cries and sightings.

Happy to be in the company of fellow bird-fans!
Suzy aka LokiPandieMom

Hi Suzy and welcome on behalf of the Staff and Moderators

I'm sure we will enjoy having you here

D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back