• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What and where Bird Quiz (1 Viewer)

phil baber

Clipped Wing
Europe
New quiz. Hard quiz. :cat:

(Think "Magic Eye/Where's Wally?") ;)

Find the bird/s in the shots. Then ID them. Give location of bird/s in photo in answer. Point awarded for first to find and identify. Bonus point for each bird I missed, if correctly identified!

The only clues will be World Locations and Time of Year. And the photos will be, hopefully, difficult...if not almost impossible! B :)

(Ah! The POWER! I'm corrupted by it already!) :t:

First location: Monte Toro, Menorca May 2011.

Number of species: 1

Attachments

• WTB 1.jpg
    WTB 1.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 379
New quiz. Hard quiz. :cat:

(Think "Magic Eye/Where's Wally?") ;)

Find the bird/s in the shots. Then ID them. Give location of bird/s in photo in answer. Point awarded for first to find and identify. Bonus point for each bird I missed, if correctly identified!

The only clues will be World Locations and Time of Year. And the photos will be, hopefully, difficult...if not almost impossible! B :)

(Ah! The POWER! I'm corrupted by it already!) :t:

First location: Monte Toro, Menorca May 2011.

Number of species: 1

Red Flanked Bluetail bottom right.

Different species top left

Cheers

Alan

www.surfbirds.com/blog/falklandbirder

Well done Adam! Wood Warbler it was!:t:

Adam W: 1 pointB :)

Let's make it a little harder....

Species: 1

Attachments

• WTB 2.jpg
    WTB 2.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 293
I'm going to say Quail in flight half way up towards the right hand side but in all honesty i cant for the life of me see anything resembling a bird in there at all.

You're on the right track Sean.
So, I've cropped that section and re-posted it.
Maybe some takers now? Try squinting a bit, and remember the location...

(The whole point of the quiz is to make it as difficult as poss. So, sorry if it seems a bit cruel! There's still a point going on this one, but I'll post another in a bit to keep the "fun" aspect going... ;))

Attachments

• WTB 2a.jpg
    WTB 2a.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 269
A bit easy this one!

Es Mercadel, Menorca. May 2011.

(Other species unidentifiable, though probably a Blackbird.)

Attachments

• WTB 3.jpg
    WTB 3.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 239
Waccoe! Nice work!

I'll let Balearic Badius Woodchat go.

Yes! Sardie! Easy! Let's make "Where's Birdy...Who's Birdy???" more difficult...

Adam W: 1 point

Waccoe: 2 points
B :)

Last edited:
#4 Algander Gorge. Menorca. May 2011.

Where's Birdy? What's Birdy?

GO FIND!!! B :)

Attachments

• WTB 4.jpg
    WTB 4.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 226
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back