• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Announcing the winners of the January 2006 photo competition (1 Viewer)

IanF

What a great start to 2006 with a superb selection of photos for the theme 'Anything Goes'.

The last few compeitions had out right leaders from the outset. This month though saw it head to head between two entries for 1st place and then pretty tight for third and fourth as well.

From the 58 entries submitted 30 were selected for the voting booth. In total 198 votes were cast.

1st place goes to Hunting Kestrel by Mick V which attracted 27/198 votes cast.

2nd place Here's lookin' at ya!! by anonymous_guy with 26/198 votes.

3rd and 4th places were hotly contested - so much so they tied with 16 votes each -

Joint 3rd are -

Lynx by ferd

Flaps up gear down by grizzlyike

Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who entered and to everyone who took the time to view the entries and cast their vote.

In due course each entry will be moved to it's appropriate forum.

Details of the February competition will be posted shortly.

Thanks to everyone that voted for me and a big round of applause to all the other entrants, they were all top notch pics, especially A.Guys shot, it was a super pic and one that I thought was going to win.

Thanks all

Well done Mick. I narrowed it down to five in the end but no matter how I tried to judge the other 4 my mind kept coming back to your excellent masterpeice.

John

Congrats Mick - super shot and a worthy winner.

Well done everyone else - lots of excellent photos this month.

Hi,
and congratulation to all the winner, they're all great picture. congratulation also for all the participant, the picture are very good and understand it's hard to make a choice with all the quality show here. A special thanks for who vote and or watch for my picture (wow, I don't hope so much!)
Congrat Mick

congrats Mike and also to the runners up.Superb entries.Well done.Also thanks to Ian for all his hard work in organising etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back