• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from San Fernando, CA ! (1 Viewer)

Hello All,
Have already found some very useful information here, am myself searching for a pair of Swarovski EL 10X42's [ or is it the Leica 10X42 BR Ultra/Geovids ? ] to glass the high desert hills which surround my house !

Hi Electric Factory, welcome to birdforum from all the satff here, we hope you enjoy the site, there's certainly a wealth of knowledge & info here on birding optics.

regards,
Andy

Hello Electric Factory,
Glad you found something of interest here. There's certainly lots of good info available. Hope you enjoy the site and let us know what you see in those high desert hills with your new bins.

Fritz73 said:
For me is always Leica 10x42

May I ask why ?
I'm about to spend a lot of money [ for me anyway ] on my first pair of 'high end' binocs and I would really appreciate hearing from those who have field tested both the Leica 10X42 Ultravids and the Swarovski EL 10X42.
They're both clearly fine instruments and I have handled both, albeit very briefly in a retail shop, not nearly long enough to have formed a comparitive opinion.
By the way I'm in the process right now of sorting through all of the old related posts, thanks again to all !

Hi again.

Not sure whether you have taken a good look around here yet but try this link:

Bins

There is a good representation of all the binoculars tried by our members. If you have the time and want to go further back, scroll down to the bottom of each company and make your time line further back. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back