• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

long tailed tit - did not live up to its name. (1 Viewer)

vicky@glos

I was out in my garden this morning when along with all the bluetits visiting I saw a long-tailed tit.

Unfortunatly for me he or she did not stay long enough. As I was in the garden I scared it away very quickly.

I must say that it was the first time I have seen one visit my garden and I usually see then at work on weekends, when it's quiet.

So the long tailed tit did not stay long at all. Maybe next time.

Vicky :bounce:

i have up to 16 long tailed tits visiting daily, and today i counted 8 on the bird table(eating crushed peanuts).I saw a few that were alot darker than the others, why is this?

Ah, seb_seb! You of all people should know that we live in a multicultural society! :)

Vicky LTTs do tend to flit about a lot. Some days we get 'em and some days we don't! The chances are that you will hear them more often than you see 'em as they tend to move around from tree to tree in search of food at some height above the ground.

LTTs can be very tame, and stay on the feeders even if you stand quite close to them, at least the ones that visit me, do so. But may be they know me and my ways!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back