• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do I need..... (1 Viewer)

JDV

I noticed when shopping around for a TC and the adaptor piece that some mentioned having some sort of adaptor ring to connect the two. Will a CLA-4 and Tcon-1.7x fit right together? Or do I also need an additional piece to complete the setup?

All you need is the CLA-4 and the TCON-1.7. The CLA-4 screws into the body of the camera and surrounds the regular lens (like a tube around it). The TCON17 then screws into the front of the CLA-4. I have this setup on my C-730 and it works great. The best setup for the money available, as far as I can see - a 645mm equivalent lens at F3.5 (on the 730). And you CAN zoom back on it (you do not necessarily have to use it only with the lens at full zoom). Can can zoom back about 1/3 before you get vignetting. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back