• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kow TSN3 and Sony NEX5 (1 Viewer)

Bonellis

Hi guys - I am in need of expert advice! I am a complete novice to digiscoping but would like to start - I have a kowa TSN3 scope with a 30x wide eye piece and my camera is a Sony NEX5 with 18-55 lens (takes 49mm filter). What do I need to attach the two together and then both to the tripod? - and is there anything else that I need to get going?

Many thanks
Stuart

I tried to use the kit lens with a pentax XW20 (25X). it did not work. At 18mm got vignetting that only increased as the lens is zoomed in. I"m not familiar with the kowa eyepiece but the pentax has a 43mm thread. All I need is a step down ring. FYI, i just got an old rokkor 35 f2.8 and works great. Manual focus is very easy in this camera and you can control the aperture directely from the lens. Hope this helps. Jose

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back