• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looks like the Nikon 1 is no more (1 Viewer)

The headlines seem a bit sensationalist, the operative quote there was .... "we’re leaving Nikon 1 cameras out of the list, as we believe the series is no longer being developed."

It's a shame Nikon isn't forging ahead with developing this format ....

Odd .... The V3 body is big and heavy, and yet the grip is way too dinky. I'd like to see the body shrink and lighten up to take advantage of the sensor size, but the grip increase massively to a proper man-sized unit - even as an add-on with much bigger battery in that space. That way if they concentrated on improving the full functionality of the 35mm size lens adapter, and operability at at least f6.3 you could at least have a decent birding rig. 1620mm eq f6.3 with a Tammy, or Siggy, etc.

It ain't cheap so they also need to up the resolution of the EVF and a fully articulated screen. I'd also like to see the sensor developed (in light of the outstanding Sony RX10III), and importantly a decent fast native 1" wide angle generalist zoom, say 15 or 18mm - 200mm f2.8.

It burst onto the scene with some nice features and properties, but Nikon has failed to fully capitalize on that (protecting DSLR sales??). C'mon Nikon - make it the camera system it could be. :king:

Chosun :gh:

If they had put the latest sensor into a V2 then i would not be using m4/3 now,i did use it with my Sigma 150-600 great results but just too heavy for me.

To quote from dpreview:
[...] we believe the series is no longer being developed.
I am just speculating, but maybe it's only a temporary pause of the N1 series. There was Sony's lagged production, and the KeyMission 360 finally appears at the Photokina, its software issues apparently settled. Soon Nikon's focus may turn to the three announced DL models, fixing the "serious issues with the integrated circuit for image processing", as admitted in April.

Considering so much "lag", it seems possible that the N1 development is only laid on ice. The rumours at least help to fill the inventory of used N1 stuff that is available. There are still two or three N1 items on my wish list...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back