• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (2 Viewers)

Jane,

Tim has many years in him yet. Unless Monsieur Derry gets to him. "Four Rooms" on Channel 4 should be good in 40 years time. But then, there's no parental lock on my internet. And I am 10...

Pretty bloody good show all round though! ;)

I agree, these are free and wonderful, not to mention so well seen and captured. It is Wootton in a new style that is very captivating. I love the hide, by the way, but it does seem a bit luxurious :). Keep seeing and showing us what you see, Tim, it makes us see more, too, and very happy to boot.

In an attempt to keep things tidy on my threads, I realised this is the place to store the last image posted.
The original study for the oil-painting was in fact a Sharpie drawing which, I think, illustrates the way I'd hoped the side-on lapwing to feature in the composition - as it turned out, she didn't work in the position she was originally in and (thanks to input from the forum's illuminaries) we decided on a few subtle yet crucial changes to the way the piece works.
Anyway - original Sharpie sketch and finished oil painting for comparison . . .
(please don't feel obliged to re-comment . . .)

Attachments

• DSCN6268.JPG
    DSCN6268.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN6220.JPG
    DSCN6220.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 103
Very nice to see the two pics side alongside...[and as you know...i like em both]....:t:

ps....out of interest...did you beef up the 'white' on the right hand redshanks flanks...?...[hard to tell on my PC]....! My eye certainly seems to be drawn to that area...and obviously leads thru the pic...

beautiful Tim, a real feeling of outdoor light....I did not see the oil what thread is it on? I don't want to miss a single piece of your work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back