• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Norway (1 Viewer)

oivind egeland

It's been just a few weeks since I discovered the art-section on Birdforum, and what a nice discovery it was! I'm doing a little bird-artwork myself, but never as much as I want to, with a family and a full time job (not art-related) to tend to. As far as I know, few Norwegians share this passion - we don't have anything like the proud tradition of our neighbours in Sweden. That makes it even more important to get inspiration from abroad, and I've really been inspired by browsing these pages. I've seen many new names, and some familiar. One of the names I haven't seen, is a fellow blogger from Spain: http://ojeailustraciones.wordpress.com/ He's well worth checking out for those who haven't!

Øivind

http://fugleillustrasjoner.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• masked shrike.jpg
    masked shrike.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 241
Hi, Øivind,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

We hope you find this site enjoyable and rewarding.

Welcome to the forum, discovered your blog a while back, superb work. Your opening watercolour is of the highest order...look forward to seeing more very much..

Welcome to the forum, discovered your blog a while back, superb work. Your opening watercolour is of the highest order...look forward to seeing more very much..

an honour to have you on- I've admired that Masked Shrike from your blog and so its a treat to see it again

Great to see you here Oivind - welcome to the artforum. You already know how highly I personally rate your work - your name is on my blog as one of the most inspirational artists working today. Magical work, my friend.

Thank you so much for a warm welcome! It means a lot coming from so skillful artists! As I'm sure you know, Tim, I feel the same way about your work, and it adds to my fascination that most of your work is made on a Scottish Island, in many ways similar to the wild nature I grew up with in the south-west of Norway. I will also make links on my blog to both Alan and Ed's blogs - great artwork on both of them.

Hi Oivind

I've had your blog bookmarked for a few years and regularly visit - your work is inspiring. I'm also a big fan of Ojea - now wouldn't it be great if we could have him join us on this forum?

Cheers

Dave

an honour to have you on- I've admired that Masked Shrike from your blog and so its a treat to see it again

Hi Oivind and welcome to the forum. I just had an enjoyable visit at your blog. I also got involved with linocuts starting a year and a half ago.

And thanks to Ed for answering my question about the bird portrayed. It's one I've never seen so I wasn't quite sure.

Welcome on board Qivind!
I think it was about time to join us in Birdforum!
Your presence here is an enrichment for all of us!

Paschalis

Thanks again - the community of bird artists really is a supportive one! Much appreciated.
Dave - at least I'll let Ojea know that we've been writing about him here.

Hi there,
The opening post is simply stunning! A shrike, too! I can't wait to see more, especially examples of rough and ready fieldwork if you have any.

Thanks in anticipation.

Russ

Hi, Øivind,
Just had a quick look at your blog, excellent work, will be going back to give it a bit more attention.
Welcome to the forum
Chris

Thank you Mark, Russ and Chris. Looking forward to getting to know your work as well.
I had a peaceful weekend at home, and were able to do some painting. I've always been a birdwatcher more than an artist, which I think is reflected in many of my paintings - I usually pay much more attention to the bird than the surroundings. These days I'm trying to put the bird in an environment more and more, and I find painting flowers, leaves, stones and water really difficult. But it's still fun, and as we all know, practice is the only way forward.

http://fugleillustrasjoner.blogspot.com

Attachments

• stokkand2 copy.jpg
    stokkand2 copy.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 231
Hi Oivind,
You may find stones and water difficult but it looks like you've approached them here with great confidence and pulled it off effortlessly!...
A beautiful peaceful scene.
Nick

I've always been a birdwatcher more than an artist, which I think is reflected in many of my paintings - I usually pay much more attention to the bird than the surroundings. These days I'm trying to put the bird in an environment more and more, and I find painting flowers, leaves, stones and water really difficult. But it's still fun, and as we all know, practice is the only way forward.

http://fugleillustrasjoner.blogspot.com

I think the incorporation of background is a stumbling block for so many artists, myself included. But you've done a wonderful job here. The bird is united with the background in a light-filled, peaceful environment as others have said.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back