• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another kens advice thread! (1 Viewer)

mcc28_x

Another lens advice thread!

Hi all

I have budget of£600-£800 and would like to get my first telephoto lens specifically for birds photography. Ideally I'd like to keep nearer the £600 mark if I can. I'm keen on photography but have limited time to pursue it and obviously limited budget.

I have seen some sigma lenses on Wex about the £500 mark and some used ones for less. I do quite like the tamron 150-600mm though. My wife has a nikon lense 55-300mm which I can borrow but want to get upto 500-600 if I can.

My camera is a nikon D90 bit old but does what I need at the moment. I'm also curious about teleconverters but I've read they are not suitable for cameras that don't have a full size sensor

Really grateful to receive any advice

Kind regards

Mark

Last edited:
The biggest problem with converters is the quality loss,you need to start with a very sharp top end lens,my advice after problems with the Tamron would be look at the sigma 150-600 C.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back