• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon 8800 System Error 2 (1 Viewer)

Judybird

BIrds, bugs and butterflies
Has anyone else had trouble with the Coolpix 8800 and a focus problem? When I attempted to zoom all the way out (in?) - the System Error 2 message started. It then happened subsequent times when I attempted any photo.

I had noticed a problem a few weeks earlier when I attempted macro shots. After stalking a butterfly for a 30-45 minutes, the camera would get hot and sort of lock up. Taking out the battery and then turning back on seemed to cure it.

I've sent it to Nikon on Monday (under warranty) and am experiencing terrible withdrawal. My old Nikon digital camera just doesn't do the job for me after using the 8800.

Any information is appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back