• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Grebe (1 Viewer)

django

django
At what time in the U.K. do the GREBE start their mating ritual ? have seen it on T.V. wildlife but never for real , anyone who has a pair on their patch I would be grateful for updates , there are a pair on my local pits who appeared to have paired up is this rather early in the season for them to do so ? I would be grateful for any info.

My local pair have been performing thier ritual dance since late Feb, so I would assume yours are too, just need to be there at the right time!!

Good luck.

GC Grebes pair up quite early, as Ashley has said.

There's loads of breeding pairs in the Lee Valley... but no tips for seeing the display other than get out birding a lot and keep looking!

Ashley beolens said:
My local pair have been performing thier ritual dance since late Feb, so I would assume yours are too, just need to be there at the right time!!

Good luck.
THANKS so much for the info when will we see some offspring ????????

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back