• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

None birder gets the bird!! (1 Viewer)

pauco

Старлин&
Well for the first time yet my wife said she wanted to come with me this morning, as i was just going local , to check on the little owl's and to see if there was any sign of the Dippers & kingfishers. she is as she admits herself NOT a birder, she enjoys the garden birds. But we both enjoy that early morning rise, it was a mixed start, with a very cool and showery start. Parked up and walked to the river and low and behold female kingfisher 1st bird 20 mins later 2 Dippers
show. Alas no sign of the little owls! with the wind getting up and drop in tempreture it was a bit cold to say the least, on the way back to the car we saw 6 long tailed tits- 4 blue tits & heard chiffchaffs, i was just about to get in the car when the boss said, something with a long tail and a yellow breast just run along the bank. quick run to bridge over the river and sure enough between the trees and river bank 1 grey wagtail, lovley to see! to say i had one happy wife is a understatement, never heard the last of it all the way home, but hey what a breakfast we had:t: :t:
bert.

Isn't that the way, took very novice birdwatcher to Minsmere a couple of years ago, explained how it was virtually impossible to see Nightingales despite hearing them like they were on your shoulder and low and behold the very next second he found a singing 'gale on top of a bush that gave views for over a minute, wont tell you what i felt like - especially when he started talking about 'the funny looking brown heron' that flew over his head whilst i was looking the other way! Best regards.

Nice one bert...

Didn't make all the way over to Lancashire today, but certainly got near enough, early enough to appreciate what you say about the weather.

Turned out nice though, eh?

Bit of a foul mood today, so shipped back home before any Kingfishers, Dippers or Grey Waggies... but there you go.

So, is the missus going to join you regularly do you think? You see all the more with more pairs of eyes, as I'm sure you've noticed from my patch work.

Great stuff

:t:

Will wait and see!!

birdman said:
Nice one bert...

Didn't make all the way over to Lancashire today, but certainly got near enough, early enough to appreciate what you say about the weather.

Turned out nice though, eh?

Bit of a foul mood today, so shipped back home before any Kingfishers, Dippers or Grey Waggies... but there you go.

So, is the missus going to join you regularly do you think? You see all the more with more pairs of eyes, as I'm sure you've noticed from my patch work.

Great stuff

:t:
As you said birdman it did turn out ok later, but it was a burrr factor am. as for the boss going regularly? errrmmmmm if she does a breakfast like that each time oh yessss. I think she did enjoy it and if i go just local like that trip she could be tempted. So you nearly crossed over into red rose country eh! how near did you get? And yes your patch work is getting very good, never miss an episode. Regard's bert.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back