• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ringing/banding in Colorado (1 Viewer)

Paul Eele

Hello Colorado birders/ringers,

I am visiting Colorado in late May/early June on a birding trip and I would like to find out if there are any places where ringing takes place. I am a ringer here in the UK and it would be great to get some experience from the States. I already have a birding route planned but would be happy to change to make a visit.

Any information would be gratefully recieved and you are welcome to send me a private mail if you wish.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi,
Not sure if you have gotten a response.

The RMBO runs several banding stations in Colorado, they welcome visitors, but I am not sure of their dates, etc. I would recommend using the contact us link at the site above and they could probably provide more details. I am not a bander myself but have visited their Barr Lake site when the nets have been up and have enjoyed it. They encourage visitors, so it may just be a matter of timing.

http://www.rmbo.org/v2/web/ you may also want to check the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park if your trip includes a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. There are some banding sessions there as well.

Good luck!

Hi,
Not sure if you have gotten a response.

The RMBO runs several banding stations in Colorado, they welcome visitors, but I am not sure of their dates, etc. I would recommend using the contact us link at the site above and they could probably provide more details. I am not a bander myself but have visited their Barr Lake site when the nets have been up and have enjoyed it. They encourage visitors, so it may just be a matter of timing.

http://www.rmbo.org/v2/web/ you may also want to check the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park if your trip includes a trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. There are some banding sessions there as well.

Good luck!

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the information. I will contact them directly and see if there is anything happening when I am visiting.

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back