• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding binoculars upgrade (8x42) in the $400-$700 range (1 Viewer)

Hello all. Thank you for all of the advice, namely to try out different pairs and see what feels. BigWok's generous offer to let me try out several of his glasses, different brands all in once place, was great. I have decided I will be getting some Nikon eii's, after loving how they felt.
Down the road, I may get something else for inclement weather, but for what I do I am excited to get out and continue watching birds with them!
Surprisingly, BigWok and I had actually met before at a neighborhood bird walk! It was nice to explore his local park, a place I will definitely bird again.

Hello all. Thank you for all of the advice, namely to try out different pairs and see what feels. BigWok's generous offer to let me try out several of his glasses, different brands all in once place, was great. I have decided I will be getting some Nikon eii's, after loving how they felt.
Down the road, I may get something else for inclement weather, but for what I do I am excited to get out and continue watching birds with them!
Surprisingly, BigWok and I had actually met before at a neighborhood bird walk! It was nice to explore his local park, a place I will definitely bird again.

Glad that I could help with your quest. I knew you would love the EII's, I'm guessing/hoping you picked up the pair cycleguy was selling?

Unless its pouring rain like the first time we met I wouldn't worry to much about it. Just make sure you keep the rainguard on, and keep the bin under your jacket until you use it. Then when you get home make sure its out of the case and place it near a heater for a few hrs.

Was great to see you and do some birding with all the toys :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back