• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (5 Viewers)

ARTHUR BISHOP said:
a bit more , trouble with the masking fluid. Had to switch to acrylic.

This one is going to be fantastic Arthur, really nice vibrant colours in the godwits. Another classic norfolk scene!

Matt

Looking good, Arthur. You must have enough recent work for an exhibition now, surely. Ought to be your next move, I think - Summertime in Norfolk - contact the galleries!

Thankyou both.I like your idea's Tim maybe later,but I'me enjoying doing what I want and trying differant mediums and styles rather than commit to anything at the moment. Its fun now having the time to be able to have a go at all these things and hopefully improve as you go on.

timwootton said:
Looking good, Arthur. You must have enough recent work for an exhibition now, surely. Ought to be your next move, I think - Summertime in Norfolk - contact the galleries!

I agree!

No shortage of snazzy galleries in holt, they know how to charge too ;)

Matt

How's it coming along, Arthur? Really looking forward to seeing the lapwing in particular and the whole piece of course. Out of interest, what size is this picture?

Godwits done , Lapwing and foreground Marsh to do. The size is in old 1/2 Imperial.or
22" x 15". I will take a photo in the am. in natural light.

With all the movement and rhythm from the godwits, the lapwing is an excellent anchor for the picture, it almost looks dizzied by all the action.

Nearly done, I'll bet you'll be glad to finally finish this one. Looking great. The added green is really bringing out the godwits rust tones.

I think the colour's are fab in this one Arthur. The tonal perspective works well too. Very nice.

Woody

I think it's there also Arthur - and it's a triumph. I really like the way you keep the focus throughout the piece (your eyes must be pretty good too!), and I particularly like the foreground birds - the shadow on the near godwit's neck is just great. well done.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back