• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Programmes are constantly not responding (1 Viewer)

Keith Dickinson

Opus Editor
I've a two year old system, dual core Athlon 11, 4Gb Ram and a 500Gb hard drive, 1Tb external HD. Running Windows 7 Home Premium.
All of a sudden I'm getting programs not responding, I cannot fathom what has happened. I'm running McAfee Total Security (Firewall, AV and Malware) this brings back no problem when I run a scan. I've tried spybot and malware bytes, spybot found no issues but malware bytes refused to load. I've also loaded up Wisecare 365 to try and clean out the system but it doesn't actually seem to have helped, altho it hasn't caused any problems either.
I've tried to do a system restore today but find that I cannot go back further than September 4th, there are no restore points any further back than this.
I ripping my hair out as it can take anything up to 3 minutes to change pages in Palemoon, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Thunderbird takes forever to download mail.
Any help will be most gratefully received.

If you don't get a satisfactory reply here, the guys at PC Help Forum are very good indeed, they helped me out with a complicated problem I was having. Read the FAQ before posting, and be prepared to wait overnight for answers as most of their experts are from over the pond. Their services are free.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/xf/

Following reading one of the faq on the pchelp forum I've done a windows repair which showed up a problem with .NET version 4, once that was sorted things are now working much better. Thankfully I had my Windows 7 OS disk available, dunno what I'd have done if that had been mislaid.

Following reading one of the faq on the pchelp forum I've done a windows repair which showed up a problem with .NET version 4, once that was sorted things are now working much better. Thankfully I had my Windows 7 OS disk available, dunno what I'd have done if that had been mislaid.

Finally got to the bottom of why Thunderbird and Firefox where still a bit hit and miss, a java-toolkit add-on was screwing them up, disabled that and I am 100% back to normal.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back