• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Have a camera, scope, and tripod - now what? (1 Viewer)

plovergirl77

Hello,

I have access to a Canon Pro1 and a Canon Powershot A95, as well as a Bushnell Spacemaster Spotting Scope and an Eagle Optics Denali Spotting Scope. I also have a Bogen Tripod.

Can someome help me figure out what type of digiscope adapter would work best with any of combination of these pieces of equipment?

I am completely new to this and I would like to try digiscoping but without having to buy anything except for the adapter piece. My concern is how will I know what adapter will work with a particular scope and camera?

Thank you,
Tami

I believe the Vortex Universal 28-45mm Small Digital Camera Adapter will fit the Denali scope. It should be able to support the Canon A95.

Your Canon A95 looks quite similar in appearance to my A590IS, so I suspect that your camera filter diameter is 52mm (check with Canon's website or Canon Support). Around your lens you will find a silver ring which is removable by depressing the button and at the same time turning the silver ring to some tiny mark on the camera body. When you have done this, the silver ring is removed and you will see a bayonet connection in the lens barrel assembly (this was hidden by the silver ring). This bayonet connection allows you to add a adapter for your spotting scope.

The next step is to decide which spotting scope you will use and determine from the manufacturer's website what accessories are available for digiscoping. Hopefully, you'll be able to match your mfr's spotting scope to your camera model. Eagle Optics has a nice website and the people are very helpful.

You will need some kind of cable release mechanism and if your A95 does no have a internally threaded shutter release button then you may consider purchasing a SRB-Griturn (www.srb-grituirn.com) shutter release bracket for L20-L25 (English pounds). Want to go further and spend more? Check out www.hoodman.com for other accessories.

Let us know how your research went.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back