• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic Lumix GX7 - Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Mostyn

Hi all,

I recently bought a Panasonic Lumix GX7, with a 20mm f1.7 Lens also bought a Lumix 45-150 f4. 5.6 Lens. That was a month back. I'm now learning how to use the camera, and getting used to all the magic bits within the menus's (it's going to take some time to navigate) on my new camera Last week I bought a panasonic 14-45 f3.5 lens; and yesterday while getting a pair of Bins (it's dangerous in) the camera shop, I noticed the Lumix 100x300 f4. f5.6. I couldn't resist the temptation! So I bought the lens. I think I'm fully kitted out now? Anyhow, is there anyone else on this forum with a Panasonic GX7 ?? would love to hear your thoughts ; and - or some great tips on how best to use my new camera.

Thanks

Long shoot with GX7

I own about the same stuffs as you for 16 months , still discovering the best usage . Currently discovering the capabilities in long shoot .
Just realize the good potential of the 100-300 mm pana which give equivalent of 600 mm which transform to up to 1200mm (less resolution) with the cropping pana system and even to 2400mm with the X2 digital zoom which is quite usable for identification at long distance with good light .
I am even adding some optical expanders by X1.7 (Pana ) and 1.5 and 2.2 from Raynox, the result with the 1.7 pana can be be good giving enormous focal lenght . I will try to post some examples of all these possible combinations

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back