• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manuel Sosa (1 Viewer)

Thanks for sharing the link Mike - birds are wonderful and I love his landscapes - particularly the skies...and the light - fabulous!

Cheers Mike. I've come across his work previously and, although as you rightly point out, maybe not cutting-edge - but I think exemplifies all that is wonderful about celebrating the natural world in paint. He obviously cares for his subjects and cares about how they are represented - lovely.
(Wonder if he's ever seen a Bateman painting???? )

some absolutely stunning stuff, but as I'm in a mood I'll point out that I know the photo of the pair of hoopoes - it was the front cover of a photo field guide I had once. Still, great talent, even if 'playing it safe' for the majority of them - I'll add that the barn owl in 'broken lights' is a stunning piece, really really good stuff.

It may not be 'cutting edge' but who wants 'cutting edge' (I'm not sure what or where wildlife art 'cutting edge' is, anyway) when stuff is as fabulous as this?

Ooh, one of my favourites! Never really got into his oils, but his watercolours are divine. Only wish he'd do more of them!

I've known of him through his website for a long while, just thought I'd point him out to anyone who'd missed him. I'm always battling to find ways of painting grass, Mr. Sosa seems to have it pretty much sussed!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back