• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andrew Wyeth (1 Viewer)

As you say Mike, not a wildlife artist per se, but every bit a painter of the natural world.
A sad day, but a wonderful life to be celebrated.
Cheers mate.

As you say Mike, not a wildlife artist per se, but every bit a painter of the natural world.
A sad day, but a wonderful life to be celebrated.
Cheers mate.

Indeed, 91 years old and goes peacefully in his sleep, I'd be happy with that. His influence on Bateman's style is obvoius.

Mike

Indeed, 91 years old and goes peacefully in his sleep, I'd be happy with that. His influence on Bateman's style is obvoius.

Mike

Hi Mike, a sad day indeed for Art. His influence was huge actually
and Robert was just one of those affected with the man's magical
touch. indirectly all those that have been influenced by
Bateman have been touched by Wyeth.

Andrew

Hi Mike, a sad day indeed for Art. His influence was huge actually
and Robert was just one of those affected with the man's magical
touch. indirectly all those that have been influenced by
Bateman have been touched by Wyeth.

Andrew

With you all the way there, just look at all the nods to the man appearing on artists' blogs at the moment, all kinds of artists.

Mike

I can think of one of two of his paintings that have been an inspirational mystery to me, a sleeping dog underneath shadows of a curtain next to a fireside, and a coot hunter, that man was a genius and it is indeed a sad loss.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back