• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Artist seeking photos to use as painting source (1 Viewer)

rue d'oak

Hello!

I am part of a group of artists at the Wet Canvas Watercolor Forum, which is doing a series called "A to Z Birds of the World." This coming week is "H" and at the suggestion of my team leader, I came to this forum seeking photos to paint from! This isn't for commercial purposes -- at least my painting is not. Just for the fun and learning.

I just sent an email to the general "site administrator" asking permission to use a photo, but if anyone here can tell me who I should contact, please let me know! Should I be contacting the individual who contributed the photo?

Right now I would love to use one of the photos of the Hammond's Flycatcher. Hammond is my maiden name, so of course it is my choice!

As a working artist, I feel strongly about respecting copyrights and intellectual property, as do all at Wet Canvas.

Jennifer Landau

Hello Jennifer and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

The person you should be contacting is the photographer who took the photo as all photos on this website and most anywhere for that matter are copyrighted. Most if not all will be more than gracious if asked ;)

KCFoggin said:
Hello Jennifer and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

The person you should be contacting is the photographer who took the photo as all photos on this website and most anywhere for that matter are copyrighted. Most if not all will be more than gracious if asked ;)

Many thanks KC. I've sent a note to one member!

The is site is full of wonderful photos and resources. I've enjoyed exploring.
Jen

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back