• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketchbook pages:) (1 Viewer)

Mauri

Hello everyone,

My name is Mauri I am new to the board.Just thought I would post some sketchbook pages.
I enjoy going to the zoo and drawing. These are done pretty small only about 7'' by 10'' in pencil and watercolors. Anyway hope you guys like them and it will inspire you in some way to paint or draw next time you are out in nature.....

RhinoSketchcopy.jpg

e3copy.jpg

Cheetacopy.jpg

Mauri

Wow, wow and more wow. Oh to be this talented. Beautiful work and I'd love to see some larger sizes in our Gallery.

Those are truely splendid!! Thankyou for sharing them with us. Hopefully I can work up to that in the future, being into art myself.

Last edited:
Hi, Mauri! Another warm welcome to you from BirdForum!

Wow is right! These are gorgeous! If that's what you call "sketch pages," I'd love to see what you call a fully realized painting! :bounce:

Thanks for sharing these, and look forward to seeing more. You might want to consider uploading to the Gallery so more folks will be able to see them there. Lots of free space is given to each member and you can post up to 3 each day. :t:

Welcome to Birdforum, Mauri.
Really enjoyed looking at the sketches. I often find sketches are far better than large paintings someone has laboured over at lengh. Something about the spontaneity(SP) I think. Yours are excellent and I hope we see more on Birdforum.

You are extremely talented. You've gone straight up in my list of fave wildlife artists. Great website too, please please keep up this fantastic work! Mark

I am new to the board also and am a keen bird artist, (although several miles behind your standard). i would love to meet someone who could point in the right direction.
does anyone know of a group in cambridgeshire uk?

Wow.
You do wonderful work.

Robert Bateman has always been up there as one of my favs also...(she says after checking out the website)

Good Luck in all your artistic endeavors,

Elizabeth

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back