• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Points Game Version 3.0-British Garden Birds!!! (1 Viewer)

Well just taking the Gulls, I could add GBBG, LBBG, Herring, Yellow-legged, Ring-billed, Sabine's, Kittiwake, Little, and Mediterranean.

Of those Sabines and Little were from the garden as opposed to flying over. I think its more fun to only use the species that you list. I have an unusual garden, for example I've had Grey Plover, Hoopoe, Yellow-browed warbler, and Wryneck IN it

When will you be sending out invitations for your next garden party Jane?

You know I'm fairly sure I saw that bird up here. I had a wader in flight with trailing legs and a white rum, but rather plain upperparts which didn't fit with Wood Sand- which is what I thought it was. I later found out that it was one of the few days the bird went missing fro Frodsham.... Ah well, (yet) another one that got away.

Is there any thread about the "ones that got away" - I've got quite a few of those that would probably make interesting reading.

Thanks for the PM with the thread Jane. It's strangely comforting to see that one is not alone where incompetence and bad luck are concerned! As the saying goes in Spanish "Consuelo de muchos, consuelo de tontos" - who isn't a little "tonto"?
I suppose this is not the thread, but I'm still green on how threads work, so I'll just list my ones that got away: dark phase Booted Eagle (UK), Indigo Bunting (Cape Clear), Lesser Yellowlegs, Greater Spotted Eagle, Common Rosefinch and Rough Legged Buzzard (Spain).
Time heals.

Sorry about my absence, I have been pretty busy again. Welcome to the game Rezmole. Steve, you can play in category 3 if you like, from your window.
GOLD Jane Turner 239.
Silver Teamsaint 186
4th Mark Howes 164
5th Rezmole 130.
6th Mabel 99
7th The Devil Bird 81.
8th On-firecrest 67
9th Pe'rigrin 56.
10th Claire78 29

Last edited:
Part 6.. the penultimate part

Treecreeper 5
Jay 4
Magpie 1
Jackdaw 6
Rook 7
Carrion Crow 2
Starling 2
House Sparrow 3
Tree Sparrow 9
Chaffinch 2

Thank you all.
GOLD Jane Turner 281.
Silver Teamsaint 210.
4th Mark Howes 200.
5th Rezmole 158.
6th The Devil Bird 106
7th Mabel 99
8th On-firecrest 67
9th Pe'rigrin 56
10th Claire78 29

I've only just discovered the quizzes! They look fun to join in on! Is it too late to join in on this one?
Some people have certainly seen some interesting birds in their gardens!!

Ok, here are my scores - Been quite lucky with some of the birds that have turned up.
Part 1 - 63 (had everything but RLPartridge in the garden)
Part 2 - 31
Part 3 - 45 (was extremely surprised to have not one but 2 lesser spots in the apple tree!)
Part 4 - 37
Part 5 - 44
Part 6 - 41

Birds that have appeared in or I have seen flying over that aren't on the list include Grey Partridge, Lapwing, Curlew, Woodcock, Herring, GBB and LBB Gulls, Meadow pipit, Skylark, Common Whitethroat and Dipper!!!!

Thanks for that Kat, the final part will be posted tommorrow.
GOLD Jane Turner 331.
Silver Kat with 311.
4th Teamsaint 210.
5th Mark Howes 200.
6th Rezmole 158.
7th Mabel 123.
8th The Devil Bird 106.
9th On-firecrest 67
10th Pe'rigrin 56
11th Claire78 29

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back