• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

K Feeders Bird Feeder (1 Viewer)

2009? This is what would on other forums (fora) I belong to be call a "necrothread." Those K feeders must have really been something to command such attention.

Mine lasted...about 20 years so...

I guess so...

But they are still made and sold by PerkyPets now in 2017, so maybe people will encounter the same problems in the old post?

The feeder is fairly squirrel-proof, and sturdy, the design and the small perches insure smaller birds get their share of SF seeds, and a brand new feeder of this model would cost you around $100 US. I got mine as a gift from my brother for Xmas in the 1990's.

The plastic dome and the screw-on knob hanger were what failed on mine, dome cracked and knob was chewed up by squirrels. The manufacturer (now PerkyPets) does not apparently sell the hanger-knob separately, but it seems to come with the replacement rod. A replacement dome will set you back over $30 US, a bit steep a price for a plastic dome.

I guess my philosophy is to fix rather than trash things, if possible and cost-effective. A counter to the throw-away society that is America?

The only thing I'd add about my fix is it seems, so far, to prevent rain water from entering the seed bin thereby keeping the seed dry. However, in a hard heavy rain a small additional baffle above it might be needed to keep water away from the center of the dome where water might possibly leak into the seed bin.

Or if money is not an object, $50 US in a new dome and rod from PerkyPets is the fix.

So thankful for this post. I recently was passed down this Kfeeder and with no need for such a large bird feeder, I put it up on Craigslist, along with 3 other feeders. A guy haggled me for two weeks only wanting to pay $20 for all of them. They are all in good shape, just need a good cleaning, minor touch up paint. I finally went down to $35 yesterday and I’m glad he never responded back. Two of the other feeders are Droll Yankees. I hadn’t really looked at them until yesterday because they were in storage. If it weren’t for this post, I’d of never of known the value of this Kfeeder. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for this discussion.

i too have one of these feeders -- 13 years old and my favorite among all feeders i've owned & seen due to its high capacity and unique staged (internally-baffled) design. mine's showing signs of wear and i'd buy an identical replacement if they were still available.
I also have an old K-Feeder that I need to find replacement parts for. Have you had any luck?
Hi, I just found this forum, and if you are still interested, I have an old K-Feeder. Let me know if you want mine for parts!

If there is anybody out there that still has this feeder and willing to sell it for parts I would greatly appreciate it. Mine has fallen and unfortunately the clear cylinder that holds the seed broke into a million pieces. My email is [email protected]
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2
My duel K Feeder comes crashing down after 25 years. The pole failed. Before photo 2020 destroyed photo Jul 28 2022. Replacement was made the same day. I anticipated needing parts in the future and purchased single from Amazon in 2019. Did not expect to have to replace the whole assembly, I only purchased one. The parts were all interchangeable on the duel and single feeders. Best bird feeder of all the ones we have had over the years. Many, many times the feeder was full of birds top & bottom. Had to refill about every two weeks as it was very popular with every bird in our area, the squirrels never got to the top after I added on extra pole segment about 15 years ago and added a squirrel guard a under the feeder. If any body has this feeder that they no longer use and is in decent shape, let me know as I saved all the hardware on the double and can rebuild it with the missing plastic parts.

Attachments

• Duel K Feeder purchased Jun1997 Jul 28 2022  E.jpg
    Duel K Feeder purchased Jun1997 Jul 28 2022 E.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • Duel K Feeder purchased Jun1997 crashed Jul 28 2022 pole failure.jpg
    Duel K Feeder purchased Jun1997 crashed Jul 28 2022 pole failure.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • K Feeder replacement.jpg
    K Feeder replacement.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
My duel K Feeder comes crashing down after 25 years. The pole failed. Before photo 2020 destroyed photo Jul 28 2022. Replacement was made the same day. I anticipated needing parts in the future and purchased single from Amazon in 2019. Did not expect to have to replace the whole assembly, I only purchased one. The parts were all interchangeable on the duel and single feeders. Best bird feeder of all the ones we have had over the years. Many, many times the feeder was full of birds top & bottom. Had to refill about every two weeks as it was very popular with every bird in our area, the squirrels never got to the top after I added on extra pole segment about 15 years ago and added a squirrel guard a under the feeder. If any body has this feeder that they no longer use and is in decent shape, let me know as I saved all the hardware on the double and can rebuild it with the missing plastic parts.
If your ever interested in selling your parts I would be very interested

Many years ago I purchased a large dual stage bird feeder with 16 feeding station manufactured by a company K Feeders Enterprise Inc. out of Warwick RI. I have been looking for them and based on what I can deduct from my search, they may have gone out of business.

I am including a picture of the feeder I have in my backyard. Does anyone know what happened to them and where I may be able to find a new K Feeder or spare parts for them?

Thank You for your feedback.

View attachment 230633
I want one too! Mine is chipped and some parts broken. I love it and also cannot find! If you do, please let me know @ [email protected]! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back