• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lost birds - the Ghostly 2008 quiz. Register now! (1 Viewer)

Ghostly Vision

Hello all,

The new Ghostly quiz is inspired by another thread, and takes advantage of my crap photography skills.

You will get 15 species of WP bird, hidden somewhere in each photo. identify the most to win.

As usual with my quizzes, you will need to pre-register, and answers will be given by PM to prevent everyone seeing other peoples' answers.

So, send me a PM with your intent to have a go and we'll start on New Year's Day (English time).

If any generous soul on here is happy to donate a prize, we can make the quiz worth winning! Again, let me know by PM.

Good luck and see you in 2008.

Sean

Last edited:
Sorry, but do we register intent by PM? Can't remember!

I'd like to give it a go, maybe I'll manage to make it through the whole quiz this time ;)

Razorsharp - just to let me know in advance that you want a go at the quiz. You can state your intent via a public post or PM me.

Rules will be put on tomorrow - but very simple; guess what bird is in the photo. Person with the most wins!

Sean

Okey Dokey then, here we go. We have 20 contestants. The rules are quite simple:

1. I post three pics at a time, every 2-3 days. There are 15 species to identify. First three below.

2. One guess each per species. You can save the pic, photoshop it or do whatever you want to make the bird more visible/identifiable. Some are easy, some not so easy!

3. PM me only with your guesses. DO NOT POST ANSWERS ON THE PUBLIC FORUM! It spoils it for others.

4. I will try and keep up, but if you find my inbox is full, Email me and I'll empty it so you can try again.

5. The person win the most correct species wins. My decision is final on the identification of each.

6. At the end of the quiz I'll re-post the pics with the birds highlighted, and a better picture of the same bird.

7. Latecomers can join in once the quiz has started - let me know and send in the answers to the pics posted by that time.

Good luck - first three pics below!

Attachments

• lost1.jpg
    lost1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 180
  • lost2.jpg
    lost2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 172
  • lost3.jpg
    lost3.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 181
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back