• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

where to see hobby's in s.wales (1 Viewer)

Hi guys, just like to say hello as i'm new on here and have to say this site is fantastic.I've just started back birding after a good few years off and was wondering if anyone knows a good place where i could see my first hobby this summer.Not sure how common they are in south wales or if they breed in the area but this is one bird that I have a burning desire to see this year as my main passion is for hawks and falcons.Any information would be great.
Cheers guys,
Darren. :t:

Hi Darren,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Plenty here in Kent come April/May ;) but I am sure someone will help you with some birds closer to home.

Not sure which part of South Wales you're in, but worth keeping your eyes open in much of the Usk Valley too, not so scarce now I believe.

Jos Stratford said:
Not sure which part of South Wales you're in, but worth keeping your eyes open in much of the Usk Valley too, not so scarce now I believe.

tis true, especially around abergavenny and Raglan.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back