• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many lists? (1 Viewer)

ArbroathBirder

Only been birding for a couple and bit years. I have been keeping a garden, county, Scotland and British list.

Have seen some great birds at work but dont keep a work list and we moving soon so I will have to start from scratch anyway. I walk my dogs in the same local park everyday but dont keep a park list - which is daft as we had a Dusky Warbler last month. There's a couple of reserves I visit regulary but dont keep seperate lists - they go in the county list. Also plenty other places I visit on a regular basis though they not reserves.

So how many lists do other people make and why?

Alright min?! I keep a scottish list, a UK list and a world list. Also keep a yearly Scottish list.

I keep a garden list, my shop close list, and a list of a few reserves, thats when it gets tricky, coz what if you see a bird from the reserve thats new for your list, but the bird is actually outwith the reserves boundary?? - oh the dilemma!!

I dont bother with a Montrose Basin list coz its such a large an varied area that it feels like cheating really!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back