• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Timber Beach,Sunderland;life list. (1 Viewer)

ian hamilton

mackem born and bred
up to 22-9-10;
little grebe
great-crested grebe
fulmar
cormorant
grey heron
little egret
mute swan
canada goose
greylag goose
mallard
teal
goldeneye
scaup
tufted duck
pochard
eider
shelduck
goosander
red-breasted merganser
hen harrier
sparrowhawk
kestrel
pheasant
grey partridge
coot
moorhen
grey plover
golden plover
ringed plover
lapwing
turnstone
oystercatcher
black-tailed godwit
bar-tailed godwit
curlew
whimbrel
snipe
knot
spotted redshank
common redshank
greenshank
green sandpiper
ruff
common sandpiper
dunlin
great black-backed gull
lesser black-backed gull
iceland gull
herring gull
common gull
kittiwake
little gull
black-headed gull
roseate tern
sandwich tern
common tern
woodpigeon
stock dove
collared dove
tawny owl
skylark
swift
house martin
swallow
sand martin
meadow pipit
pied wagtail
grey wagtail
wheatear
robin
blackbird
fieldfare
song thrush
mistle thrush
redwing
reed warbler
sedge warbler
grasshopper warbler
blackcap
common whitethroat
lesser whitethroat
willow warbler
chiffchaff
goldcrest
wren
great tit
blue tit
willow tit
long tailed tit
magpie
jay
carrion crow
jackdaw
rook
starling
chaffinch
goldfinch
greenfinch
siskin
bullfinch
linnet
house sparrow
dunnock
reed bunting
yellowhammer
kingfisher

Some good birds there Ian, cant remember the last time i was there and its only along the road sounds a good spot that a few of us locals are guilty of not visiting anywhere near often enough.
Given the good variety of Ducks on the list I'm a little suprised there's no Wigeon on it.

Some good birds there Ian, cant remember the last time i was there and its only along the road sounds a good spot that a few of us locals are guilty of not visiting anywhere near often enough.
Given the good variety of Ducks on the list I'm a little suprised there's no Wigeon on it.

hi adam,i'm surpried to that i'v yet to see a wigeon,but winters nearly upon us so you never know one might turn up.

hi adam,i'm surpried to that i'v yet to see a wigeon,but winters nearly upon us so you never know one might turn up.

Hi Ian, yes i would think there'd be a decent chance of one or two Wigeon there anytime now or maybe if we get some hard weather again this winter it might force a few birds to open water in place like that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back