• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Blackcap ?-please (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
First time I have seen this species.It was feeding in the yew trees along with the Redwings,looks as though it is in the process of swallowing a berry,by its bulging crop.Not the best of shots,but I just wanted to check that it is the correct id,please.
Thankyou,
christine

Attachments

• 13th-Nov-070a.jpg
    13th-Nov-070a.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 225
In the past I subscribed to a thread called, "First Winter Blackcap", and after a througher search I discovered it but when I wrote my latest report I was told I cannot subscribe because it was more than 351 days old. The thread was started by a lady called, Mary on the 5th Dec 2007 and the last report was by myself on the 13th Dec 2009. The thread spread to 6 pages and is full of very informative news on these birds along with some terrific pictures. I wonder if admin could rectify this thread to allow new members to this birds existance and possible learn of its extended migration to this country.
My first sighting in the garden was a female seen on Monday the 22nd and the Male on the 23rd. Each day they fleetingly visit and feed on the Sunflower Hearts and suet mix packed in holes in a log. The male sat for a moment on the 25th and I was able to take my first picture of the year from the living room window.

Attachments

• DSCF6577.JPG
    DSCF6577.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 59
In the past I subscribed to a thread called, "First Winter Blackcap", and after a througher search I discovered it but when I wrote my latest report I was told I cannot subscribe because it was more than 351 days old. The thread was started by a lady called, Mary on the 5th Dec 2007 and the last report was by myself on the 13th Dec 2009. The thread spread to 6 pages and is full of very informative news on these birds along with some terrific pictures. I wonder if admin could rectify this thread to allow new members to this birds existance and possible learn of its extended migration to this country.

Tanny can get onto the thread and yourself without admin...I think this is the thread
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=126683&highlight=first+winter+blackcap

Underneath the reply box there is a smaller box that you can tick to re-start the thread ..shows "I am aware that this Thread is rather old but I still want to make a reply. "

Hi Marmot, I got into the thread through my own posting, but the request was for other members to easily access the thread because I think there are some relevent items in regards to the knowledge of these winter visitors, also some interesting pictures.
If thats not possible then I will continue my Blackcap observations on this thread of Christines whome I'm sure would not mind.
Thanks Christine for starting this thread about one of my favourite birds.

First 'winter' sighting in my garden here (Herefordshire) this year was on 31st October. They seem to have quite a fondness for mistletoe berries. I'm not sure how many other species tend to eat these (apart from the Mistle Thrushes, of course).

Hi Tanny,
I can access and post a reply (had I wanted to) to the other thread so all should be visible to other members.

Hi Colin glad you managed to access a thread on the Blackcap, but is it the one Marmot uploaded above, that one isn't the one I contributed to in the past, it only goes into 2 pages and dated from 3rd November 2008 to December 2008.
If you can access my profile you will be able to find it in my postings.
Today there were two male Blackcaps fighting over my feeding station territory, couldn't get a picture today but yesterday one bird stayed long enough for me to get a rather substandard picture.
I hope other members will contribute to this thread and we will once again compile a history of these birds coming and goings.

Attachments

• DSCF7034.JPG
    DSCF7034.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 42
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back