• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7D mkii rumour mongering (1 Viewer)

Sounds encouraging ..... I wonder what the buffer size is with the 10fps? ..... and only UHS-I bus /interface - not exactly future proof then. No wifi either ....
No mention of a crop mode either ---- I know folks around here don't put much stock in that, but I think it's a quite handy feature. :t:

Chosun :gh:

Roy there was some stuff about September 5th being the end of an embargo Canon had with people who knew what the 7D2 was. Turns out they were wrong, and this leads me to believe most of the rumor specs are going to be wrong also.

Sept 6th now and still no leaks about it ,they must have a really good tight team on this .the tension and expectations are building,I'm not even using my free bus pass in case I spend any 7d2 funds LOL

Specs leaked today:
http://thenewcamera.com/canon-7d-mark-ii-image-and-full-specification-leaked/
Canon 7D Mark II Major specification

- Body of tough magnesium alloy
- Dust and water
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- A new 65-point AF. All points cross type
- EOS iTR AF
- Continuous shooting 10 frames / sec.
- Dual DIGIC6
- Upper limit of the normal ISO sensitivity 16000
- RGB + IR photometry sensor of new 150000 pixels
- Video Full HD 60p
- GPS Built-in
- Interval Timer
- Bulb Timer

They will feature newly developed CMOS sensor and advance Dual-Pixel AF based CMOS sensor, the ISO range is limited to ISO 16000 only (however we don’t know yet its a standard of expandable mode).

Specs leaked today:
http://thenewcamera.com/canon-7d-mark-ii-image-and-full-specification-leaked/
Canon 7D Mark II Major specification

- Body of tough magnesium alloy
- Dust and water
- 20.2MP CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- A new 65-point AF. All points cross type
- EOS iTR AF
- Continuous shooting 10 frames / sec.
- Dual DIGIC6
- Upper limit of the normal ISO sensitivity 16000
- RGB + IR photometry sensor of new 150000 pixels
- Video Full HD 60p
- GPS Built-in
- Interval Timer
- Bulb Timer

They will feature newly developed CMOS sensor and advance Dual-Pixel AF based CMOS sensor, the ISO range is limited to ISO 16000 only (however we don’t know yet its a standard of expandable mode).
Yep, Canon Rumors are also saying the specs are confirmed. They are still saying AF at f8 on at least the center point which will interest a lot of folks I am sure.

Stand by for all the boring 'rip off Britain' posts by those who do not understand the earlier adopters premium practiced in the UK (and the rest of Europe). If past Cameras are anything to go by the early price will mean the GBP is in parity with the USD but the UK price will fall by around 30% fairly quickly once the initial rush is over and stocks becomes plentiful.

Roy i didn't even notice the f8 in the specs until i read your comment. I was disappointed by the specs but after reading the f8 stuff i must say this Camera may be a birders best friend! I am huge on wifi as i used it on the 70D a bunch of times and loved it, but with f8 af I may have to buy a cam ranger later..haha

No f8 AF?no problem, just get a Kenko teleconverter and embarrass Canon into making a firmware update. It happened to the 1DX.

looking good ( EOS 7D Mark II camera also features silent drive modes for single frame and continuous shooting. The silent settings support discreet camera operation in quiet locations .
Rob.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back