• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good birdwatching spots near Boston? (1 Viewer)

nico80

Hi everyone, I'll be in the Boston area the first 3 weeks of September. Can you suggest any particular birdwatching area around there?

Also, is there some place around there where I can see puffins?

thanks
nico

In addition, there's also a Mass Audubon sanctuary called Habitat located right next to Boston in Belmont. I've heard great things about the place. From experience, I can say that Mt.Auburn Cemetary, which I believe is also in Belmont, is an excellent sight to get a good view of some birds of prey. Finally, about a half hour up on the north shore there's the Parker River and Plum Island. The Parker River is one of the best spots in the country to see migrating birds. I've seen countless numbers of birds for my first time, as I go up there everyear.

Finally, enjoy Boston! It's a great place, and I know you'll love it!

In case you didn't notice, if you click on the names of the species, it will show you the locations where they were seen.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back