• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

Really nice Arthur, the way that the birds are all at different stages of a turn makes for a really strong composition with a real sense of life and movement. I wish these would turn up in my garden! Coincidentally I'm working on a straight portrait of a frenchie right now. Well actually I'm typing right now but I'll be back to painting in a bit.

Woody

beautiful Arthur, I love the way the colour of the bird's breast is echoed in the background, a bird looking out over his kingdom.

Perhaps THE most difficult approach to bird portrayal - large foreground bird with in-focus distant background, and you've done it wonderfully.

Perhaps THE most difficult approach to bird portrayal - large foreground bird with in-focus distant background, and you've done it wonderfully.

Not to mention the added difficulty of having drawn the feet in as well. Really good pic though, particularly like the colouring and shading of the birds underparts.

I really like the depth in this one and the way you use more contrast in the foreground and less in the background. That's a great technique for creating distance. I've really been enjoying your pencil work!

well these just get better and better, I get the feeling you're very comfortable using the pencil crayons, there's a confidence in this medium that shows through in the picture. Very well done.

These two are both lovely Arthur. Wheatears are on my favourite birds list, they're just beautiful and I like the typical, upright stance of your bird. As Tim says, the redshank picture has a real warm feel to it and it's easy to relate to the bird, again, just as you often see them.

Woody

You've captured the moment beautifully with the redshank Arthur, looks to me like it's just seen the observer and is about to fly off.

My second ever fin. picture in Oils.
I kept it simple and I need alot, lot more practice.
Sorry Woody couldn't resist a Waggy.

Attachments

• YW.jpg
    YW.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 110
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back